Drupal for Products: A smart choice
In every Drupalcamp, general gatherings or Startup meets, I have come across a common question - Is Drupal good enough for building products?
Many quote some random blogs for Drupal being good only for publishing media and others have very vague notion of how to decide between Drupal and other available technologies.
Not to much surprise, there are a few in the Drupal community itself those do not regard Drupal as a fair choice for building products aka dotcoms. Performance and complexity are generally the two most quoted drawbacks for this ,often underrated, technology.
In this edition of Drupalcamp, I would like to take up this question on stage, breaking myths about Drupal and explaining why and how Drupal makes a smart choice for the upcoming entrepreneurs in the web space.
I will also be sharing my own start-up experience and how it convinced me that Drupal makes a great choice for product development.
Along the path, we will also go through different architecture options that can be implemented with Drupal at center which will allow you to be absolutely sure that anything that you have ever read about Drupal "not" being the right technology for building products - was simply not true.
What you can expect from the session:
- More than 10 slides
- Answers to your doubts about using Drupal for your next product(either convinced to use Drupal or otherwise, you will definitely be clear of doubts :)
- A peek into different architecture options with Drupal
- A break from rest of hardcore technical sessions
What you should not expect:
- A presenter with good sense of humour
* The alternate architecture part of the session might also be of interest for Drupal developers and architects.