Free Training and Workshops at #DCM2015!
Drupal-In-A-Day Workshop and Training
For: Drupal Newcomers and Students
This is for all those who are curious about the Drupal platform and want to know how to use it for their needs. This unique 1.5 day long series of workshops will give participants a rock solid foundation to build their Drupal skills, from setting up their drupal.org account to actually setting up a working version of Drupal!
For details on what will be covered see http://j.mp/DCM2015-diad
- Amol Tatkare and team from TCS, Mumbai on Day 1 for Drupal Newcomers and Students
Please make sure to sign up for Drupal In A Day in your user profile! Seats are limited. You can sign up by registering or logging on to your user account and checking one of the workshops in your profile.
Free Interactive Drupal Workshops
There shall be two free advanced workshops on offer on Day 1, Feb 7, as well.
Workshop 1: Porting D7 modules to D8
For: Drupal Skilled, Experts, Masters
What will be covered:
- Major Api changes that have happened/happening in Drupal 8.
- Reasons/initiatives behind changes.
- What advantages does Drupal 8 system provides over Drupal 7.
- Code walkthrough for a D7 drupal.org contrib module to Drupal 8 - Approach, brainstorming, re-architecting, implementing Api changes.
- Tools helpful to write & debug Drupal 8 code.
- Working instance of Drupal 8 setup. Use instructions available at https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal/git-instructions
- IRC client. Instructions available at https://www.drupal.org/irc
- Dreditor (Nice to have) - https://www.drupal.org/project/dreditor
- Piyuesh Kumar, QED42 with Ajit Shinde and Rahul Shinde
Please make sure to sign up for Workshop 1 in your user profile! Seats are limited. You can sign up by registering or logging on to your user account and checking one of the workshops in your profile.
Workshop 2: Headless Drupal
For: Drupal Skilled, Experts, Masters. Mobile App developers
Build a mobile app with Drupal as the backend aka Headless Drupal.
What will be covered:
- What is headless Drupal
- Current state of headless in Drupal
- A brief comparison of existing alternatives in Drupal for headless
- Building a basic Drupal backend
- Creating RESTful endpoints
- Building our first ionic app
- User Authentication and more
- Basic Drupal knowledge.
- Interest in headless and mobile development.
Good to have :
- Prior experience of using Services or any headless modules.
- Basic knowledge of mobile development and generic frameworks for mobile.
- Chakrapani R and Gokul NK of Azri Solutions.
Please make sure to sign up for Workshop 2 in your user profile! Seats are limited. You can sign up by registering or logging on to your user account and checking one of the workshops in your profile.