Drupal User To Contributor : A Definitive Guide
The session is for everyone : Beginners, Developers, Themers, Project Managers, Business owners, and how contributing helps everyone to grow.
- What is OpenSource? And its benifits?
- How to get started?
- Community interactions : come for the software, stay for the community.
- DrupalAnswers StackExchange site.
- Internet Relay Chat (IRC) and different channels.
- Issue Queue
- Wireframe of an issue queue. What goes where?
- Fields in an issue queue : version, category, componant, priority, etc.
- Use of the browser extension dreditor in issue queue while reviewing.
- Contributing to projects: Modules, themes, distributions
- Contributing to existing projects
- Creating new projects
- Process of getting a "vetted" git user access on drupal.org for publishing full projects.
- Follow up the issues (maintaining the issue queue).
- Contributions to Drupal Core
- Some figures of number of critical issues, blockers, number of contributors, etc.
- Drupal ladder model for getting involved with core.
- D8 Core initiatives
- Leveraging the help available
- Core office hours
- Local / Global sprints - things we do in a sprint
- Global traning days
- Dealing with Feedback
- Maintaining momentum.
NOTE: This session was presented in DrupalCamp Pune 2014 (slides : http://slides.com/ajits/deck). The figures about contribution are old and would be updated for the actual session.